HOME OF WORKING STANDARDS
Dreamscapes Standard Poodles
Taking Applications for Shea/Eli(2013)Athena/Eli(2013) Shea due in July 4-9 th..
Eli for placement with very small breeding program..contact Corrie for more information on this matter..1-406-827-3391
NOTE* with the economy as difficult as it is, we will not breed without a minimum of 3 deposits before breeding date.
The placement of our pups being at the TOP of Our list.
NEW **PRICING** Weaned pups~ 10 to 12 weeks of age: Pricing varies according prices at the time of breeding.
Starting for the "2010 Breeding" Dreamscapes will have new prices...Please contact us for the new pricing..
It is our hope that most of the clients seeking a puppy can find one at Dreamscapes for a Reasonable price..
PLACEMENT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DREAMSCAPES.
* Trained PRICING: Pricing will still vary according to individually trained puppy or dog. Please contact us on our next planned litter.
All of DREAMSCAPES breeding pairs are completely tested before being bred. DREAMSCAPES breeding pairs are
AKC Registered and have been DNA tested and MicroChipped... Please contact us for: Pedigree, OFA #, Chic #, Pennhip Report.
Please contact us on our next planned litter. .
We prefer not to ship puppies. We offer discounts for those who will drive to pick up their pup! Ask...
A whole basket of wonderful babies..On an Outing!
We have a 2 year health guarantee against genetic disorders that are inherit in the breed. Both parents of your puppy have been genetically tested in the common disorders of the standard poodle. For More Information Contact us
A non-refundable deposit is required to hold your puppy of $350.00
Payment is most appreciated with PayPal+3%, Cash, Check or Money Order. All forms of payment must clear before the puppy goes to its new home.
Dreamscapes puppies are weaned naturally. They do not leave mommie until they are weaned and have had their pesonalities tested (10 to 12 weeks). We believe this makes a happy well adjusted puppy.
Dreamscapes poodles are rasied on an all natural meat diet. We find that this diet keeps poodles strong and healthy!
Web site about feeding meat.
We enjoy outdoor activities with our Poodles.
Jose is on the smell of a Grouse!!
Poodles can be Athletic or just COUCH POTATOES!
Poodles are so very smart and will learn anything you want to teach them! These boys have just started Cart Training. We are having a wonderful time!
Snow has been so much fun this winter!
Some interesting Information on Standard poodles
The Standard Poodle is the oldest and largest of the three Poodle varieties with no restriction on size. The Standard Poodle must be over 15" at the shoulder in order to qualify as a Standard Poodle under AKC guidelines. Typically, however, Standard Poodles will be about 21" to 27" high at the shoulder with the females usually a little smaller than the males. The average weight is 50 to 55 pounds. Terms such as a "Royal Standard" are marketing gimmicks, used to promote the sale of animals that are dramatically above the norm in size.
Most poodles are square, proportionally long-legged dogs. They have dense, curly, non-shedding fur that grows year-round and requires regular grooming every 5 to 6 weeks. The tail is usually docked in the US, less often in Europe. These days, tails, when docked, are left much longer than in times past. "Bunny like tails" (very short-docked tails) are now rarely seen except among puppies from puppy mills.
Poodle hair sheds little or not at all, and ranges in texture from coarse and wooly, to soft and wavy. Poodle show clips require many hours of brushing and care per week, about 10 hours/week for a standard poodle. Poodles are usually clipped down as soon as their show career is over and put into a lower-maintenance cut. A Poodle show coat takes about 2 years before it is the proper length and texture. If left unhindered, the outer coat forms thin cylindrical mats known as cords. Corded Poodles, because they are difficult to keep clean, are rarely seen in the United States. Pet clips are much less elaborate than show clips and require much less maintenance.
Most are solid-colored, and the AKC and other registries only allow solid colors in conformation shows. Solid-colored poodles may either "hold" their color (i.e., stay more or less the same color throughout their lives) or "fade" or "clear" to a lighter shade. Usually, the ears and the thicker guard hairs hold more of the original color than other fur. The most common colors are black and white although apricot, brown, blue, red and silver are possible The skin color of Poodles varies as does the coat color. Skin may be pink, blue, silver, or cream
Poodles are intelligent, alert and active. Historically, their aptitude has made them ideal for performing in circuses across the globe. Poodles are frequently found at the top of their class in obedience competitions.
Otherwise notable is this breed's keen sense for instinctual behavior. In particular, marking and hunting drives are more readily observable than in most other breeds. They are natural hunters and many have earned the "Master Hunter" classification at field trials. Classified as highly energetic, poodles can also get bored fairly easily and have been known to get creative about finding mischief.
Poodles are extremely people-oriented dogs and, therefore, are eager to please. They are excellent watchdogs, but unlike some working breeds, don't usually become "one-person" dogs when they are part of a family. Standard Poodles in particular tend to be good with children. Poodles are adaptable and easy to train. Like most dogs, they appreciate daily exercise, such as a walk or a play session. Most are fairly agile and athletic and excel at dog sports such as agility and fly ball. Poodles are an excellent family dog for thoses who care prepared to maintain the coat.
Kim Wingate is an Expert on ask all Experts and this is what she has to say on "Royal" Standard poodles...
While there isn't a real defination of height according to the American Kennel Club (AKC) guidelines, they are classified as Standard, Royal, and Giant.
The Standard is anything 15"-20" inchs, the Royal is from 20"-25", and the Giant is anything above 25". The average size for a "Standard" poodle is around 24"-26" at the shoulder for males and 22"-24" at the shoulder for females. I have heard of "Giant" poodles being 33" before. Link to site..
My Dream is to develop a Versatile Quality bred, healthy, carting, packing, retrieving, working companions with Beauty & Brains!
I know, I can not do this without the very best placements of our pups.
I would NEVER want to add to a already very large problem of unwanted pets..This being one of Our biggest concerns in our breeding program.
DREAMSCAPES only offers spay and neuter options for all of OUR puppies and dogs at this time. WE want to do our part in minimizing the over population of unwanted dogs..
We do not sell to brokers, petstores, or medical research labs.
Trained adults are available occasionally..Please contact us for more information....
Contact us for more for more information.
DREAMSCAPES BABIES GET LOTS OF LOVE AND PLAY TIME WITH CHILDREN.
Dreamscapes poodles also go on Trail Rides with us. Yes, her nails were panited RED..Beauty and Brains!
Dreamscapes Poodles get exposure to domestic animals and to hunting! They know the difference.
Because of their keen intelligence and agility you will often see them as Top Performers in competitions.
Ahh! What good Poodles they are!
Please contact us with any Questions you may have.
We take our poodles packing/hiking into mountain lakes. Fishing is a favorite pastime in the summer.
Dreamscapes requires an APPLICATION form to be filled out and returned if you are interested in a Dreamscapes puppy or Dog.
· Customers in warmer states need to know that "some" airlines cut off flying animals in cargo when the temps reach over 85 degrees coming into the summer months. If you are from a warmer state planning to fly a pup cargo, consider the cooler months or traveling with your pet as "Carry-on."
Watch the news for your Standard Poodles Flying Weather.
What I provide with the purchase of your flying standard poodles:
· Small bag of Flint River food
· Towel with lots of smells from home :-)
What customer needs to bring for their standard poodles:
· Water and food container
· Small harness/saddle as in the picture below due to the fact they have not learned to follow with a collar. The harness allows you to easily lift the puppy's body if you have a layover and need to help him potty outside during traveling.
Maybe some Dramamine in case of car/travel sickness..I don't use it..but, heard it works..
1. All flights are arranged and paid for by the new owner. I provide information here to help you along the way. This gives the customer knowledge to what their Standard Poodles must go through to fly as well as surety in knowing what airline choice is made and their rules.
· When pups are born, I will email the "9 weeks" later flying your pet date for customers to know the day I will travel with the pups to fly them out. This is going to be DURING the week so plan accordingly. Airlines do not "generally" fly weekends as easily as during the week.
· 07/18/10- "Generally" I use Delta Airlines - - as they do their best to provide direct flight service to alot of places. You may call either 1-888-739-3738 Delta Pet cargo portal service number or 1-888-739-3738 Delta Airlines and ask for help in setting up your flight plans.
· Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. They have a controlled cargo temperature, always ask to verify!
· You "generally" need to contact airlines at least 10 days prior to known ship date and set up the flying data at which you pay for upon the pets arrival to you. I will be emailing 2 weeks prior to the date to remind you. Yet, please mark your calendar way ahead of time when you know they should be flying out. Call now to drill yourself on what is to go on :-)
Missoula (MSO) Delta site
(Missoula or Spokane airport) is where I fly the pups out of, so when they ask, you need to provide "MSO airport" is the --shipping from-- location.
· It is a 2 or 3 hour drive for me so I ask everyone to coordinate dates with me that I may fly many at the same time. I will provide the initial date. If I have to ship your pup at a separate date than the others for your convenience, there will be a mileage charge of $100 . If a pup will need it's next vaccination during that time, it will be an additional expense please.
· In evaluating the best time to fly the pups; I have found now that EARLY mornings work in shipping them all out. Why? There is a pet/animal ban on flying Delta if temperatures are above 85 degrees. The temperature to warm states does not rise until afternoon. In shipping them at the earliest day-time hours, we beat the heat :-) Don't worry about me having to get the pups to the cargo area at 4am to catch your 6am flight out--NO PROBLEM. I will do what needs to be done for the health of the pup and to get your new family member to you without as much stress as possible. This is when the cargo area opens in the morning (5am) and the pups must be there 2 hours prior to flyin
. Delta Airlines is the flyer of preference for your pet as they do their best to find a direct flight to a major airport in your area. You may choose any carrier you desire though.And your pet can also fly DASH it may cost a bit more but they will only be allow to be on the ground no more then 1-2 hours before changing planes..
. Overseas buyers; please thoroughly research who your transporter will be in understanding their requirements, notifying me then that I will know what is needed in shipping your pet. Example: How old must the pet be to fly to your country?.
· Our PUPS "generally" at 9 TO 12 weeks of age wt around 20-35 POUNDSs.
· Airlines will only fly pets/pups at 8 weeks of age. If you are considering flying "with" your new pup, check with me on pups weight!
Delta Airlines CargoGenerally a straight flight. try 1-888-736-3738 to book reservations (07- 19-10) updated
"Royal" "Giant" is a Marketing term that is use by some breeders... As I'm using here... Referencing to the larger size of the Standard poodle..Which I breed and own... anything 25 and over in Height as an Adult and Wt around 60-+++ Some breeders Call "Royal" or "Giant"..